The CCQM (Consultative Committee for Amount of Substance: Metrology in Chemistry and Biology), which is composed primarily of national metrology institutes (NMIs), is holding a workshop on particle metrology on 25-27 October 2022, approximately 2.5 h to 3.0 h each day.
The workshop will be online only, and there is no charge to register.
Registration is now open on the website found at https://www.bipm.org/en/committees/cc/ccqm/wg/ccqm-ws/2022-10-25.
Notice that to attend all three days, two separate registrations are required, one for the plenary sessions on the 25th and 27th, and another for the breakout sessions on the 26th.
The objectives of this workshop are:
- To foster a meaningful information exchange between the CCQM working groups and their stakeholders on the current state of particle metrology, with emphasis on gaps pertinent to modern science and technology.
- To inform the CCQM working groups regarding currently overlooked activities that need to be undertaken, and to develop a CCQM action plan based on the workshop findings.
The workshop will include dedicated sessions on the metrology of:
- particles suspended in air or other gases
- particles suspended in water or other liquids
- particles in biological materials and pharmaceuticals
The success of this workshop depends upon having wide participation, not only from the NMIs and DIs (designated institutes) of the CCQM, but also of other relevant consultative committees (CCs) under the International Committee of Weights and Measures (CIPM).
Participation from industry, government and non-government agencies, SDOs, regulators, and the like, would also be welcome.Event website Add to my calendar