The launch of call 4 (two-stage) and call 5 (single-stage) is planned in the coming weeks. The draft topics have been published ahead of the call launch to give you extra time to prepare your proposal and form your consortium.
The following topics are under consideration for inclusion in the next IHI call for proposals, which we plan to launch in summer 2023. IHI is publishing the draft topic texts in advance of the official call launch to give potential applicants additional time to start building a consortium and drafting a proposal.
IHI call 4 (two-stage call)
- Expanding translational knowledge in minipigs: a path to reduce and replace non-human primates in non-clinical safety assessment
- Patient-centric blood sample collection to enable decentralised clinical trials and improve access to healthcare
- Inclusive clinical studies for equitable access to clinical research in Europe
- Establishing novel approaches to improve clinical trials for rare and ultra-rare diseases
- Safe & sustainable by design (SSbD) packaging and single use device solutions for healthcare products
- Sustainable circular development and manufacturing of healthcare products and their quantitative environmental impact assessment
Note that the draft topics on translational knowledge in minipigs and patient-centric blood collection have been modified slightly compared to the versions published on this page previously.
IHI call 5 (single-stage call)
- Accelerating the implementation of new approach methodologies and other innovative non-animal approaches for the development, testing and production of health technologies
- Development and proof of principle of new clinical applications of theranostics solutions
- Improved prediction, detection, and treatment approaches for comprehensive stroke management
- Maximising the potential of synthetic data generation in healthcare applications
Note that the topics are currently under consultation with the States’ Representatives Group and Science and Innovation Panel. They may therefore change considerably between the versions published here and the call launch, and applicants should check the final, approved topic texts once the calls are launched.Visit IHI website